The main objective of the Biomolecular and Bioinformatics Resources Platform (Plataforma de Recursos Biomoleculares y Bioinformáticos PRB2), is drawing up a new services platform on the basis of the five preexisting platforms: ProteoRed (proteomics), CeGen (genomics), INB (bioinformatics), BNADN (DNA bank) and BNLC (cell lines bank). This multidisciplinary platform will provide a high level technological support to the research community and, in particular, to the national health system.
The PRB2 also intends to conduct scientific and technological research activities that will allow the platform to maintain and improve its service capabilities and to advance knowledge in order to respond better and more efficiently to social needs, particularly in the health area. In addition to the research projects conducted by each of the working programs of the platform (namely proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics, DNA bank and cell lines bank), some collaborative projects –with the participation of several or all these working programs- will be carried out.The specific objectives of the PRB2 are:
- To provide services to the research community, and in particular to the national health system, in the fields of genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and provision of samples of tissues, cells, DNA, RNA or proteins together with its associated clinical, biological and molecular information.
- To develop scientific and technological research projects aimed to meet society´s needs, particularly in the health area.
- To carry out dissemination activities in order to promote the use of the services provided by the researchers of the national and international scientific community.
- To take educational actions in its area of activity, oriented:
- To the scientific and clinical community, in order to improve their knowledge of the applications of the techniques provided by the platform in their sphere of action,
- To the staff of the platform, in order to train highly qualified human resources.
- To promote the activity of the platform in the business sector by means of dissemination of the results of the scientific and technological activities as well as the services provided by the platform to facilitate the transfer of the research results into the society.