Carlos III Networked Proteomics Platform
The Carlos III Networked Proteomics Platform, ProteoRed-ISCIII, was created in 2005 as an initiative of the Genoma España Foundation and is one of the consolidated technological structures within the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII) PRB2 from 2010. ProteoRed is a national network for the coordination, integration and development of 22 Spanish proteomics laboratories. The platform provides access to state of the art technology in proteomics for the generation of scientific knowledge and technological innovation. Moreover, expert scientists facilitate the design of optimized workflows fitting the necessities of specific projects as well as accurate sample preparation, analysis and data management and interpretation. ProteoRed-ISCIII aims to disseminate proteomics knowledge among specialists and the society at large as well as to generalize the use of proteomics for the benefit of scientific initiatives with special emphasis in human health. ProteoRed-ISCIII has an excellent international positioning participating in outstanding initiatives that include the Human Proteome Project, as the leader of the consortium for Spanish the Human Proteome Project (SpHPP). ProteoRed-ISCIII is formed by different laboratories which allows for providing a broad range of services.
- SAMPLE PREPARATION SERVICES:
- Protein extraction, precipitation and quantification.
- Depletion of major abundant proteins of plasma samples.
- Protein digestion using different enzymes.
- Enrichment of protein or peptides samples having specific post-translational modifications (PTMs).
- Fractionation of proteins or peptides by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
- ELECTROPHORESIS ANALYSIS:
- Isoelectrofocusing in-gel (IPG strips) and off-gel.
- SDS-PAGE acrylamide gel.
- Different kinds of gel staining (fluorescent and no fluorescent).
- Difference Gel Electrophoresis (DIGE) to compare and quantify differences in protein abundance.
- MASS SPECTROMETRY ANALYSIS:
- Determination of molecular weight.
- Identification of proteins (coupled or not to HPLC).
- Quantification of differences in protein abundance: label-free or using isotopic labeling methodologies (SILAC, iTRAQ, TMT, ICPL, dimethyl).
- Targeted Proteomics, Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) to monitor and quantify proteins and peptides.
- PTMs analysis (i.e. phosphorylation, ubiquitination, acetylation, methylation).
- Protein and peptide profiling solid phase extraction and MS analysis of biofluids)
- "De novo" sequence of peptides.
- Protein profiling of Microorganisms.
- DATA ANALYSIS SERVICES:
- Proteomics data analysis.
- Support tools for proteomics data analysis.
- OTHER SERVICES:
- Peptide synthesis.